The Clear Lake Sanitary District is taking applications for the positon of Superintendent. Application deadline HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 13, 2018 AND requires Iowa Grade IV certification within 12 months of appointment. To apply, go to the District’s web site at www.clearlakesd.org and download the job application.
After completing the application you can mail to:
Kevin Moler, Clear Lake Sanitary District
P.O. Box 282
Clear Lake, Iowa 50428
or email to: Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary $65,000 - $90,000 Annually
SUMMARY: The Superintendent is responsible for planning and directing the safe operations and maintenance of the Sanitary District’s wastewater treatment plant, tertiary treatment facility, conveyance systems, and equalization basins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, plans, schedules, assigns, directs and assists the employees engaged in the operation, installation, maintenance, and repair of the Sanitary District’s facilities.
- Receives and processes Iowa One Call locate requests.
- Plans and implements predictive maintenance schedules.
- Plans and implements emergency response programs.
- Develops policies and procedures for work practices.
- Develops and leads safety program.
- Prepares, reviews, compiles and maintains records and reports.
- Develops and updates standard operating procedures for bio-solids processing and application program.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with relevant federal and state regulations and Interstate Power and Light Company water reuse contract.
- Responds to after hour emergencies.
- Assists with developing operations and maintenance budget.
- Participates in short- and long-range capital planning activities.
- Coordinates purchases; maintains inventory of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Performs operations and maintenance staff annual reviews.
- Reviews time cards.
- Provides plant tours.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- Knowledge of Activated Sludge wastewater treatment plant principals, operations, and equipment.
- Knowledge of wastewater conveyance system principals, operations, and equipment.
- Knowledge of NPDES permit and water reuse contract requirements.
- Knowledge of 40 CFR Part 503 Federal Regulations, Standards for the Use or Disposal of Sewage Sludge and IAC Chapter 67, Standards for the Land Application of Sewage Sludge.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards of wastewater utility operations and the necessary safety precautions including arc flash and confined space entry.
- Skill in the interpretation of plans, diagrams, and specifications.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Skill in planning, organization, and decision making.
- Skill in the supervision of personnel.
- Skill in public speaking and public relations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in using word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL within 6 months of appointment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and CERTIFICATION
High School Diploma or GED; Two years of technical or vocation training in wastewater technology, five years of experience in wastewater treatment plant operations in direct responsible charge with supervisory experience preferred. Preference may be given to applicants possessing qualifications above the minium. MUST POSSESS AND MAINTAIN AN IOWA GRADE IV WASTEWATER OPERATOR CERTIFICATE WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT.