The City of Cambridge is seeking applicants for a full-time Water & Wastewater Operator. Responsibilities include the efficient operation and maintenance of our extended aeration wastewater treatment plant and an iron, manganese, and radium removal water treatment plant. Operators ensure these systems meet our permit requirements. The position also works on the collection, distribution and radio read water meter systems. The position is straight days with a rotating on-call schedule to cover the weekends and emergency needs.
Minimum qualifications are:
- A high school diploma or (GED)
- A current Minnesota Class D Water Operators License, and
- Minnesota Class D Wastewater Operators License prior to starting employment.
- Valid Class D driver’s license.
- Applicants must possess or be able to obtain a Class B commercial driver’s license within six months of the hire date.
Starting salary range is $21.19 to $23.76 per hour depending upon qualifications. Excellent health insurance, benefit package, and working environment.
Applicants must complete a city application form.
Application materials are available online at www.ci.cambridge.mn.us or at
Cambridge City Hall
300 3rd Ave. NE
Deadline for completed applications is 12:00 pm on December 3, 2018.